02Wednesday, 28. 08. 2013, 11.00-13.30, Hauptschule Alpbach
Alpbach Economic Symposium
OeSD invites you to the breakout session
04 Touch the Future – Security and Identity in a Digital World
Supported by the Federal Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Austria and the Austrian State Printing House.
In the digital world, people use different identities. Avoiding identity abuse is an issue of growing importance, as future-oriented technologies such as bio-enegeering, artificial intelligence or optogenetics harbour new opportunities and risks. Based on future scenarios around the topic of “identity in a digital world”, this working group will discuss a strategy for modern ID management. Special attention will be devoted to aspects such as cyber-security, customer-orientation and the protection of fundamental rights, as well as business requirements and new forms of democratic participation.
- Christian Klezl, Vice President Corporate Strategy, IBM Corporation, New York
- Johanna Mikl-Leitner, Federal Minister of the Interior of the Republic of Austria, Vienna
- Lukas Praml, Managing Director, Austrian State Printing House, Vienna
- Martin Schallbruch, Chief Information Officer, Federal Ministry of the Interior of the Federal Republic of Germany, Berlin
- Chair: Wilhelm Sandrisser, Deputy Director General, Head of Group I/B (Security Policy, International Affairs, EU, Public Relations), Federal Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Austria, Vienna